Monday, October 14, 2019

Presentation Tools

Google Slides

This article puts forth six benefits of using Google Slides. I have displayed them using Google Slides!

 

Microsoft Sway

I learned about Microsoft Sway, and compiled my findings into a Sway presentation:

Office Mix

Microsoft Office Mix is no longer available, however many of its features have been integrated into the latest version of PowerPoint.


I created this PowerPoint presentation to describe some of the benefits to teachers who use the program.





Readings

Matt Ivester explains why and how users of social media might choose to present themselves, drawing their own lines with regard to what they share online. He suggests we take some time in advance to think about what types of content we will and will not share online and understand why. 

Knowing why we post certain types of content is critical because it allows us to weigh its value against potential risks. We should always consider who our audience is. To make this easier, he recommends separating contacts into three groups:


Separating audiences in this way can be a useful tool in evaluating what we post. While we should keep in mind that our digital footprint is permanent, certain services allow users to custom tailor their post visibility on a person-to-person basis. 


As a personal example, I have my Facebook settings set so that all of my “friends” (both known and unknown in real life), but only friends and close family can see my posts. 



Instagram follows suit by allowing users to select which of their followers can see their story. Additionally, the app allows users to further control their audience by giving access privileges to users on an appointed “close friends” list. This is particularly useful, since most of the times I really only intend my story to be seen by a few specific friends. 







No comments:

Post a Comment